4 Journaling Tips to Help You Start a Journal

Monday, January 19, 2015

If you've ever tried to start a journal but failed, then these tips should definitely help you set aside the time to actually write in one instead of just buying it and letting it sit on your desk for an hour while you talk to your cat about it. Anyway, if you have any tips that you think will help people, then comment below and I'll consider adding it to the list c:

1. Set aside a certain amount of time every day to write in it. This amount of time can vary from 5 minutes to 20 minutes, or whatever works for you. 

2. Remember- there's no limit to how much you should write. At least, in my opinion, I don't really think you should set a limit.. Unless you come up with a totally valid reason. Writing doesn't really bring any harm (so far). 

3. Write down a few ideas for what to write about. There are so many different types of journals out there, and I even have a post on some of my favorites. Here's the link to that post, just in case you're at a loss for ideas.  

4. Bring it everywhere you go. Not literally, I doubt you'll need it taking out the garbage, but some places you go. Some place you might have to be waiting for a while, or maybe on vacation, perhaps to a trip to the river. Just don't get it wet when you go swimming.. But, unlike a digital journal (I have nothing against those, I just prefer a physical notebook/journal), dropping this on a rock, down the stairs, against someone's face, etc. won't break it. I'm serious, I've tested this theory. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs