How to Brainstorm a Month of Blog Post Topics

Thursday, April 23, 2015

If you're like me, then if you're a blogger, you love brainstorming a whole bunch of blog post ideas and then sorting out the ones that you want to post. I do this almost every day- but sometimes it's really difficult to pry the ideas from your overflowing mind. If that's the case, then this is something you should read. I know I've done a ton of posts about brainstorming ideas and tracking blog posts and keeping it all in your blogging schedule, and this is one more. I'm here to tell you about this one simple trick that I heard about from Daniela Uslan here. So, this is NOT my idea, I'm just putting it into my own words for you.  My version may be a little different from Daniela's, so you can check out hers, too.

Step 1: Write down your blog title on a piece of paper. For example, I'd write Rain on a Metal Roof.

Step 2: Now add a couple topics, as many as you can, according to the topics you write about. For example, I might write blogging, journaling, DIYs, things I love, lists, and books. It can be as many as 10 or as little as 3.

Step 3: That's not enough, so you need to break those topics down a little more. Make around 4-5 subtopics. For example, I could break down blogging to blogging schedule, the look of your blog, blog post topics, and blog post brainstorming.

Step 4: Finally, break down the subtopics into  about 5 blog posts. I could break down blogging schedule to:
-5 Tips for Keeping a Blogging Schedule
-Free Printable Blogging Calendar
-How to Start a Blog Calendar
-7 Things you MUST Have in Your Blogging Schdule 
-Why You Should Keep a Blogging Schedule

See, wasn't that extremely simple? Now try it yourself. It can be a little hard at first, but after doing it for a little while, you will really start to get the hang of it. I hope I've helped you today. Thanks for reading!

xx Savannah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs