6 Journaling prompts for Kids

Monday, August 10, 2015

Journaling is a great subject for kids, and I used to love doing it in school; it was like the highlight of my day in first grade. But when they started to think that it was a complete waste of time, I started to disagree, because writing is something I've always loved, but I didn't get to do it very often, since we only had to write one or two essays a year. We stopped practicing cursive, because the parents got mad that we were spending more time on our handwriting than on math or science. Maybe they were right, but I always enjoyed doing those things, and since we can't do it at school anymore, I do it at home. I think you should encourage your kids to start a journal, since it's benefited me over the years, and here are a few prompts to get them started. 
Currently I’m… | [ One Velvet Morning ]: Great ideas for adding some “currently” items in your Project Life journaling

1. Write about a few of your very favorite memories that you never want to forget, perhaps with your family, or your best friends, or a pet. 

2. Start a dream journal! Keep a notebook by your bed and every morning, as soon as you wake up, the sooner the better, write down what you dreamt about. Optional: try to interpret your dreams either using a book or looking it up online. 

3. Make a list of all your favorite foods, drinks, desserts, etc.

4. Write about your life in the form of a short story, going as far back as possible. 

5. Start a gratitude journal! Every day, write 10+ things that you are grateful for. 

6. Make a letter journal. You can write letters to anyone, from your parents to your dogs to the barista at Starbucks, but don't send them, keep them safe in your journal. 

I hope these inspired you and your child to get writing this week, because it sure inspired me!! I can't wait to dive "write" into my journal later. Thanks for reading!

xx Savannah 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs