My 10 Road Trip Essentials

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

I'm going on a ROAD TRIP this Friday! I know a lot of you who might have driven all the way across the country before wouldn't consider it a road trip, but I'm driving all the way across Oregon, end to end, which takes about 4-5 hours, so I think that's a pretty good road trip- not too long, but long enough that it counts! I'm going to Portland, which is one of my favorite cities, besides Seattle. I go on about 3-4 trips up to Seattle per year, and it takes about 8 hours to get there, so a lot of this stuff is great for the trip up, and some are for downtime in the hotel. 

 : 1. My sleeping mask! I have a really cute turquoise and lavender sleep mask from Claire's that says "WAKE ME AT NOON" on it. This is for sleeping at the hotel and in the car on the way there. 

2. A tiny pillow for sleeping in the car- my sister and I have a set of tiny pillows that we use for just this! I need a pillow in the car, it really helps- I usually sleep almost the whole way there. 

3. My phone & charging cord; where would I be without my phone? I usually use it so much on the way there and when I'm bored in the hotel, that I need to bring my cord even if the trip is only for 2-3 days. My earbuds are super necessary, too. 

4. A really good book is especially helpful. Right now I'm reading Maze Runner by James Dashner, and I'm so hooked on it! I can't wait to bring it with me to Portland this weekend, I think I'll even finish it. 

5. A couple of good snacks for when we get there. I don't know about you, but we only stop for lunch once, and even after that I'm just STARVING as soon as we get to the hotel so I make sure to pack a few granola bars and maybe a cookie for two just for snacks. 

6. A sweatshirt or two is soooo helpful. I never know what the weather might be like, so a good sweatshirt, maybe even a raincoat, can be a lifesaver. The weather is predicted to be rainy (my favorite!) in Portland this weekend so I went out and got some umbrellas and my new sweatshirt because it's good to be prepared. 

7. A sketchbook is really good for me because I never know when inspiration could strike- plus I have to keep up with requests, and sketching is good for whenever you're bored or stuck in traffic, even. 

8. A great playlist can totally turn your trip around! I have my Spotify playlists with me everywhere I go, which means that I can block out the sound of my sister snoring whenever we go on a long trip, plus no one can hear me talk to myself, so it's a win-win for everyone, 

9. I don't always bring me laptop with my on trips, but if I do it's just for schoolwork (or Facebook maybe?? *wink wink*) because I might be missing some school along the way. For example, this weekend I'll be bringing my laptop because I have a super long fictional story to write (it's practically gonna be a novel, I swear) by next week and I don't want to get behind. 

10. And last but not least, I always have to bring all of my beauty products! My makeup bag doesn't have much, just a couple of tubs tubes of mascara, my BabyLips, some Smith's minted rose and strawberry lip balms, a nail file, a couple of hairties, etc. I also usually through in some dry shampoo, just in case.. ;)

So those are 10 of my road trip essentials! I can't wait for my trip this weekend, I'm sure it'll be lots of fun, but don't expect my Friday DIY roundup until later in the day (sorry). 

xx Savannah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs