How I Edit My Instagram Photos

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

There are countless blog posts + YouTube videos out there about how people edit their Instagram photos- because everyone wants to have the perfect account, with everything matching. Let's face it, Alisha Marie's Instagram is more put together than most of our lives... So what do I use? 

APPS I USE

YAS!: I'm kind of picky when it comes to my photo editing apps, so these should all be both free on the app store (not sure about Google Play store) and definitely very useful: 

-VSCO, basically what all the Insta-queens use; it was free for a limited time (and might still be) because of the Apps for Earth thingamabob. 

-Whitagram, this has everything that you might need with the exception of fabulous filters; you can leave that up to Instagram itself and VSCO. 

-Fontcandy is what I use for making inspirational quotes and masked text, VERY easy to use and also has a few filters that I've grown to liking. 10/10 would recommend. 

-Retrica is a great live-filter option if you're looking to brighten up your photos and are looking for a quick fix when you don't have time to sit through an editing session. Awesome for selfies, I might add ;)

-Layout is an app made by Instagram, and it's just for making collages with your photos, though I don't use it a lot it's really useful when I do use it.

FILTERS I USE

little things: So, what filters am I into? Here they are, organized by app~

VSCO: I'm a strong C1 girl myself, and love using F2 from time to time- but really, who can't resist a good P5??

WHITAGRAM: Let's be honest, these filters are tacky and absolutely terrible (unless they're toned down and used lightly), but if I had to choose, Dean and Keylime are great, as long as they'e toned down a lot. 

FONTCANDY: So, when you're in editing mode, there's a toolbar at the bottom and you can find "Image" at the far right. This will give you a couple of filters, and the second one right after original is really cute and is awesome for just a little touch up. 

RETRICA: The filter I use primarily on Retrica is called Shine, it's super bright and cute and perfect for just a little Tumblr-vibe touch up in your photos. 

EXTRA TOUCHES

healthy food: -Don't you hate it when you're picture isn't perfectly square so you have to crop it in order to put it on Instagram, but you really don't want to crop it? Whitagram adds a little white frame so that your photo is always the perfect size. 

-On Whitagram, I always like to bring up the fade because it gives it such a Tumblr vibe and it'll just really improve your photo a lot. 

-Also, I usually increase the brightness, contrast, warmth/coldness, saturation, highlights + shadows because it really makes the photo look so much better. 

I hope this helped you out at least a little bit, because I'm always wondering what appsother people use and what filters they use, especially the Insta-queens (which I'm not... YET)

xo Savannah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs