App Review: Poncho

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I've done an app review in the past because I thought it would be fun, and it was hard to choose another great app to write about, and it all came down to this awesome app that I use every single day- Poncho! Poncho is a weather app, it's free on the App Store and I'm very sorry, but it is NOT available on the Google Play Store :( 

WHEN I GOT IT + HOW I FOUND OUT ABOUT IT //

What could be more luxurious than a stack of books, a cup of coffee and a rainy day?: I got Poncho a couple of months ago, when I was carelessly browsing the apps and games that get recognition from Apple, and Poncho came up. I had no idea what it was from the name or picture, so I read about it and after looking at the reviews, I thought it would be a good idea to get it (not a very hard decision, considering it was free), even though I already had a weather app that came with my phone. 


PROS //
-It gives you a cute little forecast every day with a funny picture to go with it- so even when the skies are grey, they still make you happy. 
-The forecasts are extremely accurate, and usually have the same thing posted as Wunderground, if not more accurate, a I've noticed. 
-It even comes with an alarm! You can set it to wake you up at a certain time and give you the weather forecast, and even though I already have an alarm set on my phone, this would be awesome to try out soon. 
-Other cool features include parking options (New York only), whether or not you'll have frizzy hair, pollen warnings, and a barometer. 
-Did I mention it gives you the WIND SPEED??
-Not only are there daily forecasts, but there are also hourly ones. Now, if only it told me when the mosquitoes are gonna come out.... 
-There's a referral code to earn free stuff. I'm not interested in the stuff, but if you sign up, go ahead and use my referral code; it's 9Y2FKBBK. 

CONS //

-People have mentioned in the reviews section that the alarm doesn't work all that well and doesn't go off at the right time.
-When there's a chance of precipitation, I wish it would tell me the percent of the chance like Wunderground does; it's the little things like that.....  
-It's nice and simple, but maybe a little too simple. There isn't really enough there. 

I hope you decide to download Poncho, and if you do, use my referral code! Overall, it's a great and useful app that is cute and very accurate, as far as the weather goes (the weather forecasts are almost never accurate in Oregon because it's 104 degrees one minute and overcast and chilly the next). 

xo Savannah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs