8 Life Hacks That Actually Work

Monday, July 25, 2016



Pinterest is crawling with life hacks that so many people guarantee work, but honestly, some of them sound pretty silly. For example, I doubt putting vanilla extract in a can of paint before you paint your house will make your whole house smell like a bakery instead of paint fumes =_= Fortunately, some of them DO work.

1. Put a clean, dry towel in with your load of laundry in the dryer to make it dry in half the time. I do this all the time, and it really works pretty well if you're short on time and need something to wear!]

2. If you're eating a snowcone out of one of those little paper cones and need to put it down for whatever reason, just put it in a glass. It'll sit up straight, so it won't spill, and when it leaks out the bottom (they always do) then it's not going to get everywhere.

3. Stupid hair flyaways ruining your cute summer hairstyle? Grab a toothbrush (a clean one, preferably unused!) and spray it with hairspray. Just brush away the problems! I do this all the time, and it does wonders.

4. Out of granite polish, but not cocktails? Vodka actually makes a fantastic granite polish, I'm not kidding, but really only as a last resort.

5. If you're out picking blackberries, and this is the time of year when every single person in Oregon is, then cut the top half (keep the handle) off of a milk jug. It's reusable, lightweight, has a handle, and it's recycling!

6. I've noticed a weird glitch on Spotify where on the mobile app, you can't play songs on demand without a premium account (this one is for free users) but on my computer, I have been able to just click on a song and it plays instantly. See if it works on your computer, too! (note: it works on both my windows computer and my new mac)

7. If you're house is too hot and you need to cool off without going swimming, just run some ice-cold water on your wrists for 20-30 seconds. It seems to cool off my whole body for at least half an hour, and I don't even have to jump in the pool.

8. If you have a Sodastream, and are craving soda but ran out of syrup, Kool-Aid makes an amazing substitute. I've used orange Kool-Aid a few times, and you can find a recipe online, because I can't remember how much I used....

I use most of these on a daily basis, so they definitely work and I'd highly recommend trying them out. Don't forget to follow me on Instagram + Twitter @savannahbby_14 :)

xo Savannah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs