10 Macbook Tips + Tricks

Monday, August 1, 2016



In case you didn't already know, I recently (as in almost two months ago haha) switched over from a PC to a Mac, and after using a Mac I really feel like it's so relieving to have stress-free browsing and stuff like that, without worrying about my computer crashing or suddenly updating to Windows 10 (it happened to both my dad and my grandpa, Windows needs to chill). But if you're a first time Mac user, there might not be a lot that you know... Luckily, I've discovered a few tricks up Mac OS X's sleeve!

1. Did you know that you can use EMOJIS with only the click of a few keys?! Just press Control, Command and Space Bar and a little menu will pop up featuring all of your favorite emojis. Sadly, not on Blogger, though...

2. There's a certain feature that seems to be extremely popular and funny between my friends and I, and though it's a fairly obvious one, we laugh our heads off every time. The photo booth has tons of funny filters that you can play with with your friends, and I swear, it'll be a night well-spent.

3. Ever have to do some quick math but don't want to spend the time opening safari and Googling the problem? Use Spotlight search (Command + Space) and enter the problem, and it will automatically show the answer as you type.

4. I have to delet files every time I'm done with a blog post and don't need the photos anymore, and dragging them to the trash is quite the workout for your fingers. Avoid that problem altogether by simply clicking on the file and pressing Command + Delete! This is a lifesaver, not even kidding.

5. The absolute easiest way in the entire world to alternate between apps is by swiping left and right on the trackpad with three fingers. I don't even notice that I'm doing it, and this way, you don't have to do it via the dock.

6. It was a bit of a shock to me when I first listened to music on my Mac and the lowest setting was so loud! To adjust the volume in quartered increments, press Shift + Option +Vol Up/Down. It's so convenient, I don't know why it's not mentioned in the little pamphlet they give you! It also works for your brightness.

7. To view all of your apps at once, swipe up with four fingers. It makes managing easier and it's one of the quicker short cuts, without the use of any keys.

8. The last thing you do before you go to bed should be pressing "Update". It's not much of a trick, but it's sure hell of a tip. I always seem to be pressing "Ask me in an hour" that ends up going on repeat and my computer never gets updated... So do it before you go to sleep.

9. Hate those articles where you don't know what any of the words mean? I can't relate, but if this is your problem, then hold your cursor over any word and press Command + Control + D and a little dictionary will pop up. YOU'RE WELCOME.

10. Empty your trash every day! It's so irritating when your Mac has to load when it empties the trash. To empty your trash, in case you really didn't know, click on the little trashcan on your dock and click "Empty" in the upper righthand corner right below the search box.

These tips and tricks will turn you into a real Macbook Pro! (AKA my computer (;)

xo Savannah




No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs