5 Tips for Starting a Blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I've written a lot of posts on blogging tips & tricks, but if you don't have a blog, they're pretty much useless to you and all you can really do is ignore them. Which is not good- you should start a blog. 

I'm not gonna lie to you, blogging isn't as glamorous as it looks- but I must admit, I enjoy it. You're basically just sitting in your PJs at a laptop pondering over ideas and ideas, trying to pick out just one. At least, that's what I do. It isn't always very easy, and if you're looking to make a little money, you'd better be dedicated. I don't mean to make blogging sound terrible- it is a creative outlet for all people, of all sizes and all ages. Try it out- if it's not for you, try a different blog topic, but don't quit. Most bloggers (pretty much almost all so-called bloggers) quit their blog and abandon it after 2-3 months. But I didn't do that- because I'm gonna make this blog last. Anyway, the tips. 

1. Where to start? Blogger or Wordpress? Personally, I love Blogger- it's free, easy to navigate, easy to learn to use, and just perfect. Easy to access stats, easy to design, easy to write a post, and just so simple. Seriously, I recommend Blogger.

2. Your first blog post- so simple, and yet how do you choose? Personally, I would recommend a picture of you, a few words about yourself and what your blog is about. If you think of something else, great, leave a comment below. 

3. Choose an eye-catching blog design. But not too eye-catching. Not too much neon and distracting pictures, if you know what I mean. Pick out a font you like, and don't be afraid to add a few gadgets- add some that will help your readers follow you on Google+, Instagram, Twitter, etc. Add a few pages, some links to your social media, and you're done.

4. Write a few more blog posts. Write at least 10-15 before trying to catch the eyes of the people that you want to read your blog. But always remember- quantity should never beat quality. Simply write a few posts that reflect your blogs topic. 

5. Now share your blog with the world!! Share all of your posts on social media, tell your friends, and most importantly, comment on other blogs. This helps other people browsing that blog click on your link and get to your blog. 

YAY! You have a blog now! If you just made one, comment a link to it and I'll make sure to check it out.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs