5 Creative Writing Prompts for Kids

Monday, August 17, 2015

So, last week, I did a post on creative journaling prompts for kids, and this week I decided to do something a lot like it because it was fun to do and I think kids of all ages should get in the habit of writing more, especially creative writing, and these prompts are the perfect things to get them started. I've been trying to make my intros a little shorter because I feel like sometimes I spend too much time on it and it can get longer than the actual post- so let's get to the prompts? (Note: I made all of these up, it was so much fun!! c:)


1. You are stuck on an island with these things- 5 books, 5 foods, 2 people, and 1 other item of your choice. What do you choose and why? 

2. If you could invent one useful item and make billions of dollars off of it, what would it be and why? 

3. "The pandas were angry. The sky darkened as we began to fun, their foot steps getting closer... We never should have taken their time machine."

4. You can create your own school- what is it like? Consider these questions: what subjects are there to teach, where is it located, who teaches there (celebrities?), and what does it look like? How do you fit in (e.g. student, principal, professor, etc.)

5. You have invented a time machine using a stolen robot battery. It only has enough power to take you to 5 different times & back- where do you go, what do you do, and why? 

It seems as though the magic word today is why hahaha. I loved coming up with these and I'm hoping to do 5 more in the future to come. Thanks for reading!

xx Savannah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs