6 Ways to Get a Fall Feeling in Your Home

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Fall will officially be here tomorrow! I can't wait for cozy nights snuggled up with a good movie, big sweaters, warm cups of tea, and the beautiful colors that fill the air. This is one of the first years that I'm actually excited for fall to come, because I'm usually so melancholy that it's getting cold and summer is leaving and school has to start and also THE COLD, if I didn't mention it already. I hate the cold, and I always have, because in elementary school they use to just shove us outside into the freezing temperatures, whether it was raining, snowing, or just really really cold. I always had tons of jackets to prepare me for what was coming, but it was always just too cold for me. Okay, story time over, time for how to spruce up your home for autumn~

1. Grab a new desktop background! I just changed mine before I wrote this post and I love it. Check some out here, they're really cute, and I like the latte ones! 

2. Pick up a COZY!!! blanket, whether it be from Wal-Mart or your attic, and drape it across your sofa. Grab a few and put them in random places- your bed, over chairs, folded up on a chair, or wherever you choose. I've got a couple on the couch and one on my bed, for snuggles. 

3. Set out some potpourri and your house will smell AMAZING!! I love potpourri. One year, my mum poked a couple hundred whole cloves into an orange and set it on the kitchen table, and it let off such an aroma that really made our house into a cozy home. 

4. GOURDS AND SQUASH!!! Put some in a bowl and boom- Autumn all over the place. You can get a few from your local super market, or if you're like me, grow them yourself. 

5.  Get rustic! Wood pieces add texture and warmth, so try one all wood piece in a room or maybe wood panel a wall, if your up for it (accent walls rock!). 

6. Create an ambiance with a candle. It can really light up a room or at least make it cozy, especially with scents like apple spice and pumpkin pie- yum. 

I hope you can use these to make your home as cozy as a bunny snuggling a kitten by the fire while it snows and they're being watched by a baby bear who is KNITTING. That's pretty cozy for ya. Thanks for reading!

xx Savannah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs