10 Things You Must Buy Next Time You Go to Michael's

Thursday, March 17, 2016

For crafters and DIYers, Michael's Craft Store is the happiest place on earth. It's also the happiest place on earth for artists, seamstresses, bakers, photographers, etc. They have pretty much everything, which is why it's hard to find what exactly you should buy and what you should use it for. 

1. A roll of magnet tape!

You can totally DIY these Instagram magnets.: This one is essential for locker decor. You could make an entire seasonal line of locker decor, with just this roll of magnet tape! Most lockers are metal, so this magnet tape will adhere nicely, allowing you to make your own Instagram magnets, pen holders, phone holders, to-do lists, etc. The possibilities are endless~ (you can also get a sheet of magnet paper)

2. A sheet of cork board

DIY: Easy cork coasters: Ah, cork board. A crafter's workspace. Do you even know all that these can be used for? Nooooo, not just a snazzy office bulletin board. Even better- coasters. Okay, that sounded a lot less weird in my head, but did you know that you can make some really cute coasters with just a sheet of cork board and some acrylic paint & painters tape? (photo courtesy of My Paridissi)

3. Faux flowers and succulents

Flowers (and sometimes succulents even) are kind of hard to care for. You need to water them, give them sunlight, spray them with pesticide, etc. only to have them die on you two weeks later. But Michaels' faux succulents and flowers are extremely realistic, and I mean realllyyy realistic, so go there for all of your fake plant needs. You can use them to make a little terrarium, or even a little bouquet to keep in a guest room that you don't go into often so they're less likely to be watered. 

4. Cheap acrylic paint 
Oleander and Palm: Cricut Gold - Throw Blanket with a Geometric Patterned Edge:
Cheap acrylic paint is really good to have on hand. Craftsmart bottles are only $0.67 for 2 oz, but it doesn't get used up super quickly so this could last you a little while, depending on what you're using it for and how often. Like I said above with the cork board, you can use this to decorate coasters, or buy a little wooden plaque (less than a dollar, trust me) and write something cute and inspirational on it. There are sooo many colors, some are shimmery, etc. 

5. Stickers... all of them

You never know when or why you might need stickers- DIY bookmarks, binder decor, something to spice up your plain white phone case, etc. I got some super pretty gold calligraphy letters, and though I'm not sure what I'll use them for yet, I know I'll find some use for them. 

6. Washi/masking tape
Peonies, always.:
I got two really cute masking tapes from Michael's which I use for painting and other decor, and I love the patterns. I got one that's turquoise chevron patterned and a really cute purple and pink floral one. These can help you out in so many ways, and they're only, like, a dollar each. 

7. A monogrammed mug 

I love these, and Michael's has a lot of cute ones. I love monogrammed things because they're really personalized, and for a couple dollars you can get one with your initial on it and they're super cute with tons of different colors and patterns. My mum has one and she loves it- the only downside is that they're not dishwasher safe!

8. A wooden crate & some paint 

colorful throw pillows: Okay, those wooden crates I see every time I go there are to die for. With a little bit of paint and a couple of magazines, you've got an instant magazine holder and cute room decor!! They're about $20 which is why I haven't gotten one yet, but compared to some of the stuff I see at Anthropology, that's cheap.

9. Scrapbook + supplies

Every time I go to Michaels, I head straight for the scrapbooking section because oh my god scrapbooking is a world of dreams. ABM has made me want to start scrapbooking really bad, all I have to do is figure out how to print out my Instagram photos then I'm all set. They have little ones for about $10 in a bunch of different colors and patterns, so if you grab a couple you could go to town with that- now all you need to do is subscribe to ABM's Messy Box service~

10. GRUMPY CAT!

Finally, I've saved the best for last- Grumpy Cat. No, don't worry, not the actual cat (though you could do that too, just probably not at Michaels), but they have a little stuffed grumpy cat there for $20, but when I was there I got a discount so it was half off. She is really soft and cuddly, and a great snuggling companion at night!

Great, now I want to go back to Michaels and stock up on craft supplies. Do I smell a haul coming up?

xo Savannah


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs