5 Great Summer Reads

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

I love summer because it's the only time of year that I spend 90% of my day outside, and since I'm such a bookworm, that means tons of reading. I read by the pool, on the back deck, I read when I watch the sun rise, I read when I watch the sun set- just pretty much tons of reading all day long. Here are the books I plan on reading this summer, or have already read and plan on reading again~

1. The Shining by Stephen King


I am currently reading The Shining by Stephen King, and it's quickly growing to be one of my favorite books. I got a set of a couple of Stephen King books for Christmas, and since The Shining is a classic (and I loved the movie) I thought I'd start reading it first.

2. Harry Potter (any of them) by J.K. Rowling

It's never too late to start up an old classic again! If you've never read Harry Potter, and generally think that Potterheads are nerds and that the wondrousness of this fictional wizarding world is being exaggerated, then boy are you wrong....

3. Little Bee by Chris Cleave

I started reading this when I went to Maui last year because I was sick and therefor didn't spend as much time by the beach as I'd wanted, and it quickly sucked me right in. I love the plot- a Nigerian refugee and a British magazine editor who meet again after many years, and end up telling a beautiful story together.

4. Teatime for the Firefly by Shona Patel

This grew to become one of my all-time favorite books a couple of years ago when I was in Kauai (all good books are discovered in Hawaii haha) and I haven't been able to stop rereading it since! It's about an Indian girl who meets the love of her life, gets married, and then travels to a completely new world altogether when he gets a job on a tea plantation. You have no idea how many airports I've sat in, totally mesmerized by this book....

5. Down the Mysterly River by Bill Willingham

I got this book for Christmas a couple of years ago, and am ever so thankful that I did, because every time I read it I am transported into a world exactly like my own, and yet completely different. This tells the story of a boy scout named Max, who finds himself lost in the woods and meets a couple of new friends (spoiler- they're animals). The setting reminds me of Oregon, because you never know what you'll find in the woods here....

Now I'm off to read another book, and maybe blog about it NEXT summer....?

xo Savannah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs