5 Ways to Clear Your Mind After School

Tuesday, September 13, 2016



After school, I don't know about you, but all I want is a glass of iced coffee and a nap (two completely opposite things, I know). But sometimes, if you just have the worst headache from school, and you want to get your mind off of everything, there are a few more things you can do.

1. Like I said above, take a nap. Your sleep schedule has probably been completely been thrown off from summer, and a good nap can really throw everything back into balance. Plus, I took a nap in the car today (haven't done that in a while) and it was the best thing since shaved ice last weekend.

2. Blogging! If you're a person who takes pleasure in writing and is usually already on their computer too much already, then clearing your mind in the form of a couple of keystrokes can really help. Plus, it gives you something to do before and after school if you don't feel like doing homework but your parents are gonna yell at you if you watch one more episode of Grey's Anatomy...

3. Take a walk. The weather is getting colder, which is all the better to throw on a comfy sweater and a hand-knit scarf and just get outside. I don't get to go out much anymore with the 8+ hours I spend at school, plus the sun going down earlier, PLUS the homework, so try to walk your dogs as soon as you get home from school or as soon as you wake up in the morning. I like noticing the weather changing, and how the sun starts going down earlier- and it's good to take a break from my phone & computer for a couple minutes.

4. Take up a new hobby. I started knitting March 2015, and it's so relaxing. Just curl up in your bed with a season of your favorite show and start knitting, crocheting, drawing, embroidering, etc! Sports aren't the only option. Don't give up on your hopes of art because you're "not good enough"- there's no such things as "not good enough" in art. I highly recommend knitting, if I haven't made that clear enough!

5. Adopt a new pet. This is a very difficult thing to do when school is starting, especially because you won't be able to care for it very much when you won't be spending a lot of time at home, but it's something to look forward to when you wake up and get home from school. And besides, who can't resist an adorable little puppy or kitten? I love my cat and dogs more than anything, they help so much when I'm sick of reading for two hours straight.

Good luck everyone, students and adults alike, who are being weighed down by studying, homework, work, etc. I hope these help, and don't forget to follow me on Instagram @savannahbby_14 :)

xo Savannah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs