Seattle Travel Diary Part 1

Monday, April 20, 2015

On Thursday, the whole family got in the car so that we could drive to Seattle, WA. Since we live in Southern Oregon, we have to follow the interstate for 8 hours before finally landing in the ginormous city that I love- for it's shopping, it's food, and it's overall luxury and class. I did a lot in Seattle- do you live there? Oh, you're too lucky. Here's the whole trip in a nutshell-

ABM office space        Thursday morning, at around 7:00am, I woke up and immediately got dressed, grabbed my bags, and put them in the car. I proceeded to have breakfast, and the rest of the family showered, got dressed, and double checked that everything was ready. But, unfortunately, my sister {secretely} went back to bed and slept in another half hour because mornings simply don't agree with her. So we left at around 7:30am and made it to I-5 by 8:15am. It was so cold and so cloudy. A bit before Portland, about 4.5 hours from home, after I watched a movie, we stopped at McDonalds because we were all starving. Can I just say that their kids toys for HOME are adorable? You push a button, the character makes a heart with his hands, and his heart glows. I love that.

After a while, we reached Portland, and we crossed a really high up bridge and then the Columbia, where we made the transition to Washington. Can I just say that there is this split moment when you cross the Columbia river where my parents are in Washington, and since mt sister and I are in the back, we are still in Oregon. So we excitedly made it to Seattle and found our Hotel, the Sheraton. It is just such a beautiful, luxury hotel I freak out every time because it's amazing- the lobby is so shiny and beautiful. We found our room; on the 26th floor, wayyy up in the sky, a Club Suite just for us. 

So we got relaxed and tried to figure out dinner. After repeated requests (by me) we decided upon the famous Cheesecake Factory. It was right across the street and still early, so I put on a dress and we all walked down there. It is such an amazing restaurant- it looks like a castle, with bi pillars, high ceilings, and a glass case full of cheesecake. I picked out a piece, which I'd be getting to go after dinner. We sat down, I ordered an Americana cheeseburger, which I recommend for all you burger lovers. It was sooo good- and as someone who hates french fries, they were alright. Let me just tell you that that burger was huge and I'm a very small person, so of course I couldn't finish it, but it was so good. 

We then ordered some cheesecake to go. As someone who loves Oreos, but never gets to eat them, I ordered to Oreo Dream Extreme cheesecake. If you live in Seattle, please go to the Cheesecake Factory and pick yourself up a piece- it was the best cheesecake I have ever had, and so big I had to save most of it. It is regular cheesecake with chocolate cake on the bottom, chocolate cheesecake on top, and actual Oreos right in the middle. So good- and it comes with a giant version of just the cookie part, no cream. 

I'll write a little more about the rest of my trip in a bit, this is getting to be exhausting. Don't worry, though, part 2 is coming soon. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs