What You're Missing in Your Mini Emergency Kit

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A mini emergency kit is really something you should always carry in your purse for so many reasons. First of all, you're gonna need it eventually. Second of all, you might be with someone who will need it. And finally, better safe than sorry! In case you're wondering, and you probably are, a mini emergency kit is not a tool box full of life jackets and rope. It's better than that- but it's really more of a girl thing, so guys out there, you can either stop reading, or do whatever you want because THIS IS AMERICA. Really, it's your choice. Anyway, this mini emergency kit thing can have whatever you want in it, depending on what you're doing. It can be whatever size you want- and below I'm gonna tell you how to make one, and what you're missing in yours (if you already have one). 

First, you'll need a small makeup bag, in whatever size you prefer. You kind of need to carry it around everywhere, so a smaller size would be good, but whatever you have works best. The one I have is so tiny, and you can buy one from Pinch Provisions here for around $16. I really like mine, I bring it everywhere, and I've even added a few items and removed a few that I didn't need. Once you have a small makeup bag, or a large one, or a medium one, then you just need to get started with putting the items inside. Below I've made a list of everything that I think you should include, but remember, this really isn't a very complete list, and you can put whatever you want in your Minimergency kit- DIY or not. 

-Bandaids- lots, in all sizes.
-Clear nail polish, it has so many uses.
-A couple of hair ties, because you never don't need those. 
-A little good-luck charm; I have one in mine. 
-CHAPSTICK! I hate it when my lips get dry and chapped. This one is important for the Winter time.
-Ibuprofen, in a tiny packet, perhaps for vacation?
-A small thing of deodorant. 
-A teeny tiny bottle of hairspray!
-Breath spray or breath strips. 
-Maybe an emergency inhaler, for those of you who are asthma-prone? 
-Tissues. 
-A patch of polish remover.
-Stain remover.
-Shemergency tape, for your dress that keeps going off the shoulder. 
-Neosporin! I need to put some in my emergency kit. 
-A mini nail file.
-A mini sewing kit. 
-Extra earring backs! I am ALWAYS losing mine. 
-Dental floss; you never know. 
-This one is totally optional- a Swiss Army Knife. 

So, I hope you start an emergency kit of your own today! I really like having mine on me at all times, in my purse, it makes me feel a little more prepared, and I think you'll feel more prepared, too. Again, many things on this list are optional, depending on the size of your bag, but I doubt anyones is as small as mine. Thanks for reading!

xx Savannah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs