5 Blogging Don'ts

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Hey guys, it's Tuesday!! One day away from Hump Day, and since it's Spirit Week at my school, today is Nerd Day. I love this day that they do EVERY YEAR because it's fun to express my inner nerd- considering one time I actually calculated how many seconds I've been alive (haha, I'm so nerdy). But anyway, ever since last week when I blogged about 10 Reasons Why You Should Blog, I've been wanting to write more about blogging and the subject of a blog so I thought this would be suiting and I scheduled it. These are just a few mere guidelines, although they're pretty important, but there are dozens more out there (don't blow up your competitor's laptop with dynamite!!). 

.: 1. First of all, don't steal content or photos without permission. This can make the other blogger very angry and it could possibly result in your blogging career in the trash. Seriously, don't steal photos and content! Use either your own photos or stock photos to avoid this. 

2. Don't write for the sake of writing, write because you have something to share with the world- write if you have great content that is worth reading, and have a voice when you write.

3. Don't take your readers for granted. Even now, after I've been blogging for about a year, I get really excited when I see that I have over 50 pageviews in one day, or when I get a comment from a reader. But other bloggers feel entitled to a certain number of readers and comments- how bratty is that? Don't take them for granted, you need to appreciate that they are taking time out of their day (they don't have to do that!) to read YOUR blog. 

4.  Don't hate on other bloggers! No readers like rants, and no blogger likes to be hated on by another blogger on the world wide web. Just don't do it, no matter how much they hate on you. 

5. Don't forget to send giveaway prizes! Personally, I've never had a giveaway, but if you do, remember to send the prizes because next thing you know it's 6 months later and they still don't have their prize....

Everyone always talks about what to do to be a successful blogger, but I thought I'd go the other route and write about what NOT to do. Thanks for reading!

xx Savannah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs