My 10 Favorite iPhone Apps Right Now

Thursday, January 14, 2016

In July, I wrote a post about my ten favorite apps right after I got my new phone- but, much like my YouTube Favorites, it's a lot different now than it was then. I SO wish I could do more than ten but I want to mimic my last post, which you can read here. So I guess you could say this is kind of a Throwback Thursday post, which I should totally do more often because I love these. All of these are free on the appstore, except for maybe Colorburn because I got that one when it was Free App of the Week. 

1. Village Life


Free stock photo of smartphone, technology, mockup, apps
Yeah, it's one of those.... I don't usually download these (I'm totally lying I always do) but I saw a friend playing this one and I thought it looked super fun, and I fell in love with this game. It's a lot of fun to give the villagers what they want and gain their happiness, and then having your villagers have babies, and simply just watching them age day by day. 

2. King of Thieves

Yes, I know, thieves are extremely frowned upon- especially where I live. But this game is so addicting, and I'd highly recommend it to everyone, mostly kids 10-11+ because it can be complicated and stuff and it's not great for kids of younger ages who can't understand it. Basically, you have to be the best thief in the world by stealing from other players and basically collecting the most gems. I'm literally playing this right now...

3. Neko Atsume 
Free stock photo of hand, apple, iphone, smartphone

If you speak Japanese, then you know what this game might be about. If not, then I don't expect you to, because I didn't either at first- except for the cat part which I already knew. It's pretty much a game where you have to collect all of the cats by setting out food and toys for them to play with, and then they come and you add them to your cat book. 

4. Word Bubbles

Okay, yes, I only just got this yesterday... But I'm playing it as I type and it's more addicting than chocolate covered Twinkies. It's a word puzzle, so it definitely works your brain, but it feels like just a little game it has a super pretty design that I like, because there are some knockoffs that aren't as good looking. 

5. Goat, Giraffe, Platypus, Zebra & Octopus Evolution

Free stock photo of camera, iphone, smartphone, taking photoI have nearly all of the evolution games, and Zebra & Octopus are my latest ones. Even though these are meant for younger ages (I'm a 3 year old at heart) I love these and they can get quite addicting, not to mention it's constantly changing- once you get past earth, you get to go to Mars and evolve your creatures there. 10/10, would highly recommend. 

6. Colorburn

So I got this one when it was free app of the week, and so far I love it and use it pretty often. It's a photo app with over 1000 filters, and all you have to do is swipe your screen to mix and match in seconds (oops I sound like an infomercial sorry). I've used it a lot, and it's definitely worth it if you're gonna pay money for it, even though I didn't pay for it. 

7. Shooty Skies

Free stock photo of iphone, smartphone, taking photo, photography
This one is way more fun than Crossy Road, and is made by the same exact people. You know how on Crossy Road you just tap the screen, occasionally swipe, and nothing else so it's super boring? Well in Shooty Skies you're flying around, and not tapping, but shooting bad guys and collecting power ups. Much more fun...

8. Candy Crush Jelly Saga

Almost the same as the first two, Candy Crush Jelly Saga is the latest candy saga out there and also probably the best. You get to play against a computer in some levels, battling to win, and in others you have to find a marshmallow that moves to a different spot with every move you make. It can get pretty addicting, which is why I'm sad when I run out of lives...

9. Paper 53

Apple iPhone 6 Plus on a white deskThis is my favorite drawing app of all time, the minimalism design is amazing, but also offers a wide variety of features, including sharing your drawing with other friends with the same app, drawing on other friends pictures and saving them as your own, and using lots of tools to create whatever you please. These are the same people that made the 53 Pencil- yes, the $99 stylus. 

10. Buzzfeed

Finally, last but not least, Buzzfeed. Buzzfeed is really nice to use whenever I'm just bored and need a good laugh, or perhaps just need to catch up on the news- I read it online and on mobile, constantly binge reading one post after the other. Thanks for being there when Netflix wasn't, Buzzfeed. 

Those are all of my favorite mobile apps on 2016, and I'm not sure if all of these are available on Android except for Paper 53; that one is definitely not available, which is disappointing because I was looking forward to using it on my Samsung tablet- but oh well. 

xo Savannah







No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs